Classified Ad Hints
- Indicate the best time to reach you by phone.
- Keep prices reasonable -- we all want good stuff, but that doesn't
mean we are willing to pay exhorbitant prices for it.
- List model numbers and condition
- Include photos, if possible, with want ads. It only costs $4 per photo
and it lets everyone know exactly what you want.
- Don't be surprised if you get no response to "for sale" ads
for ordinary, easy-to-find radios, or junker radios - most collectors already
have enough of those. Also, related items like parts, testers, scanners,
etc. will probably not sell as well as actual radios.
- Don't give up. If at first it doesn't sell, try again by rewording
the ad and/or lowering the price.
- B# or B pl # = Breed book plate number
- B&B# or B&B pl # = Breed/Bunis book plate number
- NIB = New in box
- MIB = Mint in box
- MBC = Missing Batttery Cover
- EP = Earphone
- HK = Hong Kong
- JA = Japan
- F = Fair
- G = Good
- VG = Very Good
- EX = Excellent
- TRANS = Transistor
- TSM = Sams Transistor Service Manual