Last Updated July 16,2006
I have included larger sized pictures of many of these sets. I have also included the image size to help you decide if you want to view them... This is going to be difficult, as my collection now numbers over 500 radios. I am also experimenting with the presentation, so please bear with me. Suggestions for improvement are most welcome! Here are some of my favorites...
- Hoffman P411 Solar Radio (99K) - This radio is in absolutely fantastic condition!
- Sony TR-6 (75K) - Very early Sony marketed in Canada.
This radio was introduced in June of 1958. Approximately 34,000 were made. This set was sold in Canada, and carries the markings "Gendis Sony".
- Gold Tone (68K) - 8 Transistor. This set is probably one of the most beautiful sets I own. The clear coating over the painted region is almost 1/8" thick! It gives a sence of depth whic makes this set really unique! This was obtained NIB!
- Aiwa AR-500 (116K) - This set has a very unique styling. I love the design around the dial. This set was obtained at the Elgin IL show in 1995.
- Top Notch TRN-60A (71K) - This set is very pretty design and use of light colors. It also is NIB..
- Penny's 6TP-243 (56K) - Made by Toshiba
- Toshiba 6TP-304 (33k) - Toshiba "Coffin"
- Sony TR-63 (37K) - First Sony transistor radio imported into the US.
- Regency TR-1 (Red) (46K) - World's first commercial transistor radio.
- Regency TR-1 (Green/White) (74K) - This is one of the set of Regency TR-1's given as gifts by Michael Todd. I know of 4 which have turned up so far. This set was given to Arthur Miller. At the time I acquired it, I did not know what I had. It was only after talking with other collectors, that its importance was understood. I have included several pictures of this set; the gift binder/case (18K), radio in the gift case (31K), and inside the radio (66K). I hope to be providing more information about this set in the near future
- Hitachi TH-621 (34K) - As far as I can tell, this is Hitachi's first set. I have found it in four colors to date, salmon, mint green, white, and tan.
- NEC NT-61 (25K) 1960
- NEC NT-620 (35K) 1960
Copyright © 1996-2006 oldradios, All Rights Reserved. -
Use this link to contact me